- Hand-drawn art on fridge magnet.
- Self taught artist.
- She unearthed her inner talent in art, after a harrowing life-threatening car accident.
- All these pieces were done during hallucination state as a side-effect of the physical trauma of the accident. Ironically, these pieces brought out the best in her.
- Being a person with disabilities (diagnosed with bipolar disorder), Tya is embarking on handmade soaps to supplement her income and welfare support.
A beautiful soul, an independent spirit, courageous and determined. If anything at all, just follow her life story and you will be inspired to live life to the fullest no matter what challenges there are. Tya Gem (born Sathaya Bama) hails from Taiping and still lives here. Her forte is abstract art. She paints based on inspired thoughts. Art found her after a harrowing car accident in 2007. It was a life threatening situation then. Tya has done a lot of painitings during hallucinative condition. Tya later is diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, which ironically also brings the best out of her in the art pieces that she paints. Being a person with disabilities, Tya believes in financial independence and not just hand-outs. She is currently a wellness advocator, motivation speaker and makes essential oil soaps to complement her income.
The award winning designs are:
- The Boat (original sold at USD300)
- Make your own waves (original sold at USD1500)
- Accidental Mistake (orginal sold at UK300£)
Tya "accidental" artist, is a collaborator with Krayon.Asia. We are proud to list her fridge magnets. She deserves all the recognition and support to live an empowered life. Tya's story has been covered in many media at https://www.eksentrika.com/tya-gem, https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/ludhiana/malaysian-womans-grit-inspires-pcte-students/articleshow/11469208.cms and catch her daily life at her IG account https://www.instagram.com/metamorphosis.artgallery.
1 piece of Tya Art Fridge Magnet