- Handcrafted wooden bowl.
- Wood collected from fallen trees in Sabah.
- Zero waste initiative, save waste and transform to thing of good use and beauty.
- Uniquely woodcraft, cut according to shape and size of wood collected.
- Rustic, natural, unique home decor, display accessory
- Limited quantity, only 1 unit each.
- If you are interested to order more bowls (not entirely the same due to the different shapes of wood), please DM us.
A zero waste initiative, to upcycle wood from fallen trees. Uniquely shaped according to the shape of the wood collected. Hence only 1 unit is made, a unique identity of its own, one of a kind. A rustic, vintage craft, that will look great in your home or workplace.
Crafter collects the wood, and lets it dry out for a few months before working on it. Barks are stripped off (if any) and all debris will be cleared. Crafter then starts crafting the size and shapes of these bowls. Crafter ensures that all unsightly and unwanted materials are removed whilst crafting. Once bowl is ready, it is cleaned and sealed with beeswax or linseed oil and then dried again for 1-2 weeks. The finished product is totally unstained and sealed with beeswax to assure it is well protected. Before use, give the bowls a light soapy wash and towel dry it. Ensure it is absolutely dry before storing it.
Storage and maintenance
- After wash, please leave to drip dry or wiped with damp cloth then towel dry it,
- Ensure absolutely dry before keeping it away.
- Best stored in dry area, not easily damp and not in high humid condition.
- For good maintenance, apply generous coat of either liquid beeswax, Tung oil or Lindseed oil. Gives the bowl a natural shine, absorbs itself into the wood fibers and also seals it. The sealing means that the wood repels any additional moisture whether from water, another polish or chemical.
- After applying the oil, let it sit for few house for the wood to soak up the oil, until no flossy looking oil residue can be seen. Best to leave it overnight.
- Avoid dropping and rough handling.
Enjoy these handcrafted bowls for your snacks, dessert, meals or if you are in retail/ event, these can be a great display accessory for your products.
- Weight: 200g
- Size: Length (25cm), Width (20cm), Height (5cm)
- Should you need to have other bowls of different shapes, do DM us as each bowl is made according to the cut and shape of the wood collected.
- Due to lighting and manual measurement, the actual product may have slight differences in colour and size.
Our crafter is based in Sabah. He is a keen crafter, using just about anything to create unique crafts and fabrications. Aside from woodwork crafts, his other passion is in costumes, vehicles/ motorcycles to conceptual works.
#handcraftbowl #woodenbowl #upcycledbowl #acaciawoodencraft #saladbowl #zerowaste #fallentrees #woodworking #woodturning #woodart #homedecor #mangkokkayu #piringkayu #woodbowl #woodenbowls #woodcrafter #buylocal #supportlocal #sapotlokal #localcrafts #rusticbowl #naturalcraft
1 unit of handcrafted wooden bowl.